Tuesday, March 26, 2013

We're green.

March 25, Magnolia, Texas (833 miles, Magnolia Educational Center.)

We made it.
We had a rough start on Friday, turned around to spend the night back at the house, the trailer coming apart on the road before a flat tire threatened to land us into the ditch, all before we had reached Jefferson City, twenty-five miles away.  We were intent on getting away before yet-another winter storm hit, but in the end did not see any more of it than drizzle.
We made it, and I still get a jolt each time I look into in my rear-view mirror, the blue of the sky. 
And the green, spring happening.
We made it, we left again on Saturday morning and drove all day, ebbing drizzle nearly all the way along and drenching rain just before Hugo, and never before had I been so happy to see the town, Castro there waiting for us at winter quarters, and I could finally unclench my hands from the steering wheel and my eyes from the rear-view mirrors.
Feeling safe with Castro on board I drove on down today, highway 19 stretching for miles of straight undulation ahead of us, pine trees and ever more green gracing us with spring blooming.  We made it by the afternoon, right before the first show's finale.
We're home.

3 comments:

Susabelle said...

Whoohoo!! You're home! :)

Can't wait to see your pictures and writing from this year.

Valérie Berta Torales said...

Thanks!!! (Can you tell I'm happy?!)

Don said...

We've been looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing about the new season. Welcome home.

Don Covington