Saturday, February 13, 2010

Magic tricks.


February 13, Brownsville.

I don't know how he pulls it off.
Every time we've gone to the cook house so far Brian has managed to treat us to a first-class meal. I don't know about others, but it's making me feel like royalty here at the muddy little Kelly Miller Circus. Last night he regaled us with roast pork (OK, I didn't it that part) and home-made mashed potatoes in an apple-garlic sauce to die for, and for lunch today he managed to make tuna salad interesting, and just plain fun. The salad was "delicious," as Nicolas likes to say (with an English accent,) and subtle, not a small feast with tuna, but most of all he presented it on "silver" platters, shaped like a smiling tuna.
It's the best cook house food we've ever had at any circus. It's some of the best food I've eaten in a long time.
Brian has a fire-eating act, and does magic acts too.
And not just onstage.

5 comments:

Harry Kingston said...

Valerie,
Sure hope you are feeling better now and with Brain's cooking, WOW you keep slim ann trim.
Great photos and keep them coming.
Please tell Brain I said hello.
Harry

Unknown said...

Valerie,

Brian is a friend of mine and gave me your website to keep track of what is going on in the circus world. He said you had kind things to say about him and his cooking. He is a jewel and will do everything in his power to feed that masses wonderful cuisine. I'm so sorry that you are so ill and had to go to the hospital for help.
I guess Brian will have to add a nice hot chicken soup to his dinners for that little extra TLC.

Hong Kong Willie said...

Brian LaPalme: Hall of Fame Circus Ringmaster. Two time gold medal Magician Extraordiaire. Motion Picture makeup artist. Traveling the world with the circus, having passed upon lucrative offers from the most elite shows, so as to perform in front of the "real people...".

  Through his grand contributions of magic, performing, to the motion picture industry in makeup artistry, few whom have crossed paths with Brian left without being richly accomidated and awed. 

  A great friend most importantly has Brian been throughout these years.
 
I challenge any author to write a more impacting real life biography.....

       Derek Brown
Hong Kong Willie Art Group

Charlotte Libov said...

Valerie,
I am a friend of Brian LaPalme's and I look forward to reading your blog and learning more about your circus. He is a wonderful guy, and he had wonderful things to say about you as well. I hope you feel better, and I look forward to reading more about your circus adventures.
Charlotte

Valérie Berta Torales said...

Glad to see you all friends of Brian's... he's a terrific guy, we are lucky to have him.