Monday, April 03, 2006

Note on the blog.

April 2, Kingman.

I just realized I'd somehow erased the first entry to this blog explaining what it was about so a little bit of background information is called for here.
I launched this blog when I started working at the Circus Chimera, as a tool to help me track progress in a documentary project I'm trying to do on the Circus Chimera. The project has been a long time coming, as I've had it in the back of my mind ever since I met Fridman, my boyfriend and a circus performer, in 2000. He was then with another circus, Carson and Barnes (which would call for another type of project altogether, more like an investigative journalism piece.)
The project is to document this circus, a mosaic of people from around the world who live, work and travel together for ten month out of the year, seven days a week. It is based in Texas and travels through the West. The project was meant to be purely a photography documentary project at first but I have then decided to make it more of a multimedia endeavor, including text, interviews and stories, audio interviews and possibly some video.
All this while taking care of a baby and working part-time for the circus.
Rendez-vous in eight months for the outcome.

No comments: