Monday, June 11, 2012

Insane.

June 8, New Freedom.

I'm off to Chester, Pennsylvania, to take two national teacher content knowledge exams, the last in a series of hoops I've had to jump through in rapid sequence since we flew back from France almost two weeks ago and had the surprise to see Fridman there to help us drive the motor all the way to Providence from the back woods of West Virginia to interview for the chance to secure a position as a Rhode Island Teaching Fellow, a selective, highly competitive federally-affiliated program to recruit professional to teach in high-need urban schools around the nation, jumping back into the car the second the interview event was over to drive right back to meet the circus in Hancock, the whole two weeks an insane non-stop race filled with everything from roadside hurdles to two-day cramming of a phone directory-size book, two weeks jumping in and out of the circus I've barely rejoined after five months time abroad and away from my life, my home.
I'm spending the night at my friend Mary Ellen's on Wilmington, a short drive to Chester, an eternity form the circus again.
It's good to be home, if only I were there long enough to see it.

2 comments:

Susabelle said...

Welcome back, and I hope you did well on your tests!!

Don said...

It is good to see your "view from the trailer" photos again.

Welcome back to the USA.

Don Covington