Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lives.


January 19, Saint-Ismier.

Fridman left yesterday to go back to Hugo and the circus.
Another life.
I am reminded of the infinity of sad situations we could be facing and I do not feel sad, just altered. My mind wanders to a son dying at the age of eleven while playing a dangerous game of daring, my friend Virginia told me one day, friends of hers left with the pieces of a life devastated, living on for the other child, burdened by the impossible; a brother dying on the road at the age of twenty-nine at the end of a life graced by gentle muses and wasted by melancholy and drugs, and my mother left with a life bearing yet more sorrows, as lives will, lives of pain the world over, and I feel joyful for all there is that is light and beauty.

4 comments:

patrizia said...

I've always wondered whether Fridman came with you to France.

Something you wrote towards the end of the season made me worry that possibly you weren't going to be with the circus again so although I know you're missing him, I was relieved to read about him going back.

Rose said...

I don't know of your lives beyond the photos and words shared.

These words are heavy. Bound to earth yet reaching for the sky.

I wish you all the stars. The lights that make our light. I wish you every happiness.

...and as I believe in a higher power, I call God: I pray to Him for you and all your family.

Hoping for you the best, always, everywhere.

Susabelle said...

What a beautiful picture of your men!

Valérie Berta Torales said...

Yeah, he's back at Kelly Miller for another season, and we'll join him for a while starting in the spring. Hope to see you on the road, Patrizia, and thanks for the kind words, Rose and Susabelle.