Thursday, October 20, 2011

Last day, new tent.


October 20, Ardmore.

The new tent arrived back again from Mexico yesterday (our friend Marcos drove it back.)
Yesterday I drove some three hundred miles, made a portrait of Jacob and interviewed him, got things organized end of the season-mode, went trick or treating and generally tried to keep my kids from hurting themselves. I call it a good day under the circus sun.
Today is the last day of the season, as always it feels slightly nostalgic, and frantic.

2 comments:

Susabelle said...

I hope you will not stop posting. Very bittersweet at the end of the season, always, and am I to understand you won't be on Kelly Miller next year? I sooooo loved your pictures. Kelly Miller is the only circus I ever took extensive pictures of, and is one of the most picturesque of the mud shows, in my opinion!

Rose said...

I used to cry at the end of semesters. Cry at my last day of some job. I'd often feel the tug of the past pulling on my hem as I began to move place to place.

Don't let me go. Don't forget me. The tugging seemingly saying.

...and how do I take this, keep this, with me, my asking.

I wish you all the good you've ever gained and all the gain that's ever good.

...and wherever you may go next, I hope you take us with you.

All the best to you and yours!