Saturday, April 17, 2010

Road mishap (smells like candy.)

April 17, exit 135 on I-55 North.

One of the trailer's rear wheels took a little road trip of its own this morning.
On interstate 55 North, some forty miles short of our destination, I was glancing at my rear-view mirror when I saw it bound across the highway behind me. Off it flew, and then back across the road again, nearly hitting Buckner, although I did not see that part because I was intent on getting off the road safely. He stopped and hit the runaway wheel so that it would not continue on its parallel journey, as it threatened to.
Miraculously, it had not hit anyone. It was on fire when Buckner got to it and he could not find anything better to do than pour his soda on it to extinguish the flames, so that minutes later as he stopped behind us the wheel smelled like candy.

No comments: