Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A stroll at the mall.

September 21, Vernon Hills.

The boys and I are prisoners of the mall.
I wanted to go walk around with them in the stroller this afternoon after working on the project but soon found out there is nowhere to cross the avenue and no sidewalks either. I walked across last night going over to the grocery store but that was really jaywalking because although there are lights where traffic stops, there is no marked pedestrian paths - you're simply not supposed to be out walking.
Malls I dislike, to say the least. The enclosed space makes me claustrophobic, the array of stores dizzy, the perfumes nauseous. Add the ghastly mix of music coming out of the stores and teenagers bumping into you and I want to run for my life.
Yet to the mall we were forced to retreat, and next to the playground were three toy stores judiciously located to make me want to run faster.

No comments: