Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Little sister of my heart.


June 2, Westminster.

Sister Priscilla came by in Olney for a short visit; she leaves today. She has been a peaceful presence all along my circus years, she was family before we met.
She and Sister Jo, who finishes a long religious retreat later on this month, are anxious to start traveling again, Priscilla told me. They hope to be on the road soon, not full-time as they were all of their life until now, but at least for parts of the year, or as much as they can now that they're older (Priscilla is my mother's age, seventy-seven, not bad for a traveling gal.)
I'm looking forward to running into them, here or there or anywhere.

More on Sister Priscilla, from an April 18, 2006 post.

3 comments:

Kitty Bevis said...

Valerie,
I would love to have the mailing address for Little Sisters Priscilla and Jo. I have such fond memories of these incredible ladies from their days on the Vargas show.
Take care,
Kitty

Valérie Berta Torales said...

Here it is:

Little Sisters of Jesus
400 N. Streeper Street
Baltimore, MD 21224-1230

Kitty Bevis said...

Thanks a bunch. What a coincidence, I am from Baltimore!
K