Tuesday, November 04, 2008

President Barack Hussein Obama.

November 4, Lubbock.

He won!
They're all deep into sleep over there in France but I know my friends and family are with me in rejoicing, they are with me in hardly believing what has just happened, the significance and scope of this victory, in a country that once, not so long ago, deemed the marriage of Barack Obama's parents illegal.
May Obama do as much good to this country, and the world, as we the people, in the United States, in France, in Morocco, in Peru and in Mexico, in villages in Africa and in sprawling cities in Asia, all hope he can.

2 comments:

beverly said...

Hi Valerie, Fridman, Dylan Nicholas. I agree. I was proud to vote yesterday. I went to the poll and waited in line for that most greatest of privilages. We have an Obama bumpersticker next to our Playland one. I hope people realize that changes won't happen over night or perhaps for years. I believe that finally something positive will happen for this country. Sorry to read of Fridmans falls. I remember laughing when falling but only to mask embarrasement when it happened in public. It seems a strange response to pain. Often people offered to help and expressed concern but I would act like it was nothing. You must be close to going to your new house. I have been telling people and we are all excited for you. Hugs and love to all. Beverly/Bob

Valérie Berta Torales said...

Thanks!
Miss you!