Sunday, September 28, 2008

Brief encounter.

September 28, Chicago.

Her name is Lynn (Lynne?) and she's lived here all her life and that's all we know we know about her. I wanted to ask for an email address or give her the blog address so we could stay in touch but I didn't want to be pushy. She was someone I think I'd become friends with would I live here. I wish I'd had the guts to ask her if I could take her picture. She had a beautiful face, much younger than her 42 years.
She was jogging with friends when we asked for directions yesterday morning across the street from the circus; she offered to walk us part of the way and we chatted the way strangers do, and she told us she was coming to the show. I saw her twice again, at the playground, and on the street after the show with her kids, three girls and a boy Dylan's age, and then she came by this morning to drop some clothes off for the kids. Sara was delighted with all the girl stuff, too.

No comments: