Friday, April 11, 2008

Taking pictures.

April 11, Mountain Home.

It's been a while I've all but forgotten about taking meaningful pictures of circus life, long gone the documentary project. These days I am taking pictures of the show for the new circus program, and it's not as fun as it should be, getting back into my old life. The light is dismal, the tent fabric worn, making an ugly background for any aerial act on a picture, but mostly I have to juggle the two babies - and sometimes three with Gigi. I still haven't figured out how to shoot Fridman's first act, the rolla bola, or Sarah's trapeze, since she can't help me during the former because she's getting ready, and he can't help me for the latter since he's in that act too as a sidekick. Today I'll try putting Peanut in Gigi's playpen together with her and carrying Dylan in the baby carrier; hopefully my back will endure.

No comments: