Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Quiet time.

June 4, Santa Rosa.

There are now five children in the circus, up from two last year. They are Jose Ivan, 17 months old, the son of Edith (office) and Chivito (set up crew,) Allyson, 2 years old, the daughter of Raul (juggling, contortion and chiffon) and Gabriela (chiffon,) Svetla, four years old, Gino (roller-skating and globe of death)'s daughter, and then my two monsters.
I can't wait for Jose and Dylan to be a little older so they can play soccer together. It might be a way for my tornado to blow off some steam. They say in book after book on toddlers that you should have quiet times with them, say, before a nap during the day or before bed at night. It has been a puzzle to me, this quiet time business. Forget quiet time, the kid never slows down, he wakes up running; the only time he's quiet he's asleep.
Quiet time with Dylan? I might as well wish for eternal youth.

No comments: