Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sightseeing saucers.

July 1, Medford, Oregon.
(At a mall, unfortunately.)

News of importance yet overlooked, Dylan sat unassisted for the first time on Wednesday. And so yesterday (after the necessary wait and confirm steadiness period) was the tryout walk of the baby backpack carrier I'd bought a while ago, apparently met with unlimited success, although I couldn't tell myself, being blind to my own child perching up there behind my head (and pulling at my hair,) for Bérengère told me he had this wide grin on his face and eyes like saucers. We went walking behind the circus, where the big house with the barn and hay field was, on a trail that asked people past, present and future to "walk in strength and peace." If it didn't exist you'd want to invent Oregon. Wanting to tread softy (however difficult with a 17-pound baby on your back.)
Also, unrelated, fell in love with Virginia Woolf, or at least the Virginia Woolf of Mrs. Dalloway, into the third page.

No comments: