Friday, March 24, 2006

Positive light.

March 24, Goodyear, Arizona.

I was told by the circus PR police that my blog was too negative and painted the circus in a bad way... so I promise to be more positive from now on, forget the blown-up tires, all-night drives and accompanying stabilizers grief and embrace the new morning at Circus Chimera.
Seriously. I didn't realize this narrative was so depressing, I'm actually having a pretty good time. I wouldn't trade this journey for anything in the world. The cutest kid on the block, the hottest man on the show, a room with a new view every morning, who could ask for more?
And in Apache Junction on Tuesday I stepped out earlier than usual (late nights make for late awakenings in the circus) and the sweetness of the day just stopped me. There was something in the air that morning, the just-so cool breeze, the softness of the sun maybe, that at the risk of sounding corny I want to call lovely. It felt like the first morning of the world. Le premier matin du monde.
That's how I feel every morning when I look into Dylan's bed and he smiles when he sees me.
Oh the morning light.

No comments: